for Boston Dance (a partnership between the Boston Foundation and the Aliad Fund)
This grant supports choreographers creating original work in any dance genre to move forward and take a “next step” in their careers by providing:
- 250 hours of rehearsal space
- 6 consulting meetings with expert advisors in areas of need and/or interest to the artist including, artistic, technical, communication, and planning
- $5,000 in implementation funds to create or complete a project or take a “next step” in an artist’s work or career
- Cohort meetings to connect choreographers and allow them to share and learn from each other
- Individual Artists, Collaborating Choreographers, and Company Artistic Directors may apply.
- Artists must have choreographed and presented work in a public [non-educational institute] setting within the last 24months.
- Candidates must be creating original work; there are no genre-restrictions.
- Candidates’ primary residences must be located in the Greater Boston Metropolitan Area, within Route 495. Click http://bit.ly/1SZTE1O to see a list of eligible cities and towns.
- Post-Secondary Students currently seeking and working towards dance and related fields are ineligible to apply.
Questions about eligibility, the application, and not sure what to submit? Email Ruth Birnberg - firstname.lastname@example.org